Think about it.
- Apocalypse – check. Well, the flock never actually saw the world blown up (sadly, considering the profound crapness of the fourth, fifth and sixth books).
- Company which seems to be in charge of the world – check. Itex/Better Living Industries.
- Evil person in charge of company – check. The Director/Grant Morrison the Comic Book Guy, whose name Danger Days I don’t know.
- Stupid character names – check. Maximum, Fang, Iggy, Nudge, the Gasman, Angel/Party Poison, Jet Star, Kobra Kid, Fun Ghoul, Dr. Death Defying. I could go on but I’ve forgotten who it is I’m following on Twitter.
- Action every other chapter/slide – check. Mikey’s good at karate, but I challenge him to beat Ellen, Isobel, Jemma and I when we’re angry.
- Pure fantasy element – check. The real reason I got into Max Ride was because it was nothing I had ever come across. Mutant children who lived in cages, brilliant. Blokes with funny-coloured hair making loud noises with instruments, also brilliant.
James Patterson: delete the most recent three books from existance. Rewrite the series from Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports. Ask Gerard Way for help instead of a stupid ghostwriter. I dare you.
Is it just me, or does Gerard look tanned? Has all the sun actually affected his corpse complex?