Last night my friends and I had the wonderfully scarring experience of seeing Mindless Self Indulgence play at the HMV Forum in Kentish Town. We’ve put together a list of everything we learnt:
- Queueing is wonderful when you have a black Sharpie and meet people who love Queen, and stand next to the door from which band members occasionally emerge (see #3).
- Never half-arse something. Always do it full-arse.
- Steve, is the most beautiful man in the world, but only appears when Hollie leaves, prompting insane picture-taking.
- The worst thing that can happen is that we won’t be able to sit down for a week.
- Jimmy’s grandpa has a thoughtful grandson.
- Mindless are a Christian band…
- …But LynZ’s a witch.
- It’s one thousand pounds to discuss our feelings, but three thousand to discuss Jimmy’s.
- We will never, ever, ever be famous. Neither will Hollie.
- We all have AIDS.
- Jimmy might have started World War III. Watch this space.
- Steve may one day host his own chat show. It’ll centre around teaching audience members Mindless songs and grooving along to Queen singalongs.
- When Jimmy appears, short people get crushed, so they run for the stairs and take pictures of other people getting crushed instead.
- I’m going to have to cough up for that damn new record, because it turns out they’re actually pretty good.
More pictures and videos to come, especially if Jimmy uploads what he took.