few days several months ago I was nominated by Sarah Thom for the Liebster Award (six years in and I still don’t know my blog awards apart – this one is one of those semi-viral, no-actual-trophy-attached things). I answer some questions then I tag some people to answer some other questions, then they tag some other people and we all get famous.
Sarah’s Questions for Me
If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life what would it be and why?
Roast potatoes (my mum’s, not the piddly microwave ones).
If you could speak to anyone living or dead, who would it be and what would you say to them?
For the dead: I’d say hi to my grandparents, ask Jesus what his deal really was and smack Hitler in his face. For the living: MCR (‘thank you’) and the Queen (‘how do you stand in the rain for so long pretending you give a shit?’).
What is your fondest memory?
Any memory in which I am not effing up, crying, covered in snot or embarrassing myself.
What makes you smile?
Donnie snuffling like an old man, Fred being ridiculous,
watching the souls of the damned sail to Tartarus.
If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go and why?
The Mediterranean or San Francisco or New York or Singapore or Macchu Pitchu because I haven’t yet.
What would you do if you won the lottery tomorrow?
Quit the parts of my work I don’t like, buy a house, find an art studio to work from, travel the world, pay off various friends’ cars/houses/loans and possibly pay Donald Trump to live on the moon.
What is your favourite book?
Pffft. You ask the unanswerable question. Potter/The Raven Cycle/Heroes of Olympus/Mog the Forgetful Cat/anything by Khaled Hosseini [continue indefinitely]
If you could have a superpower what would it be and why?
The ability to heal injuries/an inability to get ill, because it would make life so much more comfortable and less dangerous. Like, hi Mount Everest, I’m going to climb you and you can’t stop me!
Who would play you in the movie of your life?
Knowing Hollywood, someone tall and blonde.
What makes you truly happy?
Filling out questionnaires like these, of course.
10 Facts About Me That You Absolutely Need to Know
- I washed my hair this morning
- Tomorrow I will finish sorting my taxes aka I am an adult
- There’s a 1kg pot that used to hold Greek yoghurt on my desk and its typeface is the old Indifferent Ignorance one
- My current nail varnish is purple and when it runs out I will have to add another colour to my ‘collects the souls of the damned’ collection
- I have a Skype call tomorrow
- I recently learnt how Skype works
- The OJ Simpson drama’s on tonight and I’m nervous/excited even though I know what happens
- My glasses have splotches of pink hair dye on them, but not enough that they look artsy
- Adonis is in his basket next to me and he actually looks like he’s just run a marathon he hasn’t he just chased a pigeon
- I just learnt that there isn’t a d in ‘pigeon’ and I think there should be.
Nominees (I don’t know the follower count of any of these people but I know I have over 200 so let’s keep cheating)
- Sarah at Antipodean Crossing
- Abi at Year’s Guarantee
- Jess at Jicsi’s
- Jess at Foxxtailz
- Sophia at Spoonie Sophia
- Zaira at Extrodinary Buzz
- I can’t think of any other bloggers and I want a shower so I’m not going to look
- I’m antisocial in the part of the universe that’s built for antisocials
- I’ve worked with two of the above
- One is a BFF
- If you’re reading this and you have a blog, I nominate thee.
When and why did you start blogging?
Dogs or cats or both or neither?
Last concert/theatre show you went to?
Least favourite school subject?
Is it raining where you are right now?
When was the last time you wrote a letter?
Would you rather see Donald Trump in charge of America or UKIP in charge of the UK?
Last foreign country you visited (failing that, which mildly-exotic place?)
If you turn to your left, what can you see?
Did you eat dessert today?
You should eat dessert today.