Evening! I feel like I haven’t spoken to you guys since… last decade…
How are the roaring twenties treating you? I’ve got a cold and my Hugely Cool Christmas Present Boots gave me blisters of legendary proportions on one twenty-minute walk, so it’s been a pretty standard January in that respect. In the spirit of looking on the bright side – and providing some much-needed balance to the apocalypse that is the evening news – I thought I’d do a quick bullet point list of good things I’ve encountered so far this year:
- Lady raises thousands of dollars for Australian bushfire relief by sending nudes to anyone who proves they’ve donated $10 to one of her chosen charities She’s in the running for my Person of the Decade already. #notallheroeswearclothes
- There’s this cool quiz you can take to learn about your clothing-related carbon footprint. Sounds depressing (was a bit of an eye-opener) BUT it suggests loads of things you can do to improve it, and they don’t all involve you eschewing nice things for table cloth dresses. I don’t want to just hear how hellish the world is, I want to know how to make things less hellish so more, please
- I couldn’t find my old school certificates and was so sure they were hiding in my bedroom that I accidentally Marie Kondo-d every cupboard, shelf and folder I own. I cannot believe how much paperwork I thought was an acceptable amount of paperwork
- The certificates turned up in my mum’s shed
- TV is actually really good in January, it’s like they know we’re all indoors
- My friend Robyn got a new job
- Little Women is still showing. Even if you’re not a film nerd/classical book person/raging feminist, Little Women is a banger. The costumes! The beautiful settings! Meryl Streep roasting the entire cinema with an eyebrow! Highly recommend it for soul-warming purposes.
I think I need to go and stick my head in a bowl of steam if I’m going to stay awake long enough to watch Silent Witness. Nothing warms me more than a murder mystery and a nice bit of gruesome forensics.
I quite enjoyed making this – I might do another one in February? Or next week if I have to look at more footage of fires/impeachments/the inside of one of my bloody cupboards…