I’m not sure which of the following I’ve already talked about, but I had to take an extended arm-break from revision this evening so I’m doing it the YouTube way:
1) “Not only is it, erm, erm, how do you say… right.” Bye bye Augustinian theodicy!
“… As a punishment for having a sort of schizophrenic discourse with a god who was created by man to explain the existence of feet in the absence of the knowledge of the existence of Tony.” Bye, er, any of my previously held religious beliefs?
2) Can I just copy and paste this into every answer ever please? (my bet is he was all for the Tory/Lib Dem coalition.)
3) “You only need to pray in a particular spot to a particular version of a particular god.” ‘Amen to that’ is the only response I can think of right now…
“He’s largely undiverted by the starving masses, or the inequality between the various classes…” Hello, problem of evil and suffering. Ah, Mackie’s Inconsistent Triad, how are you this evening?
4) This may or may not be about religion but I mostly like how it sounds.
5) “Isn’t this enough?” Hey, Richard Dawkins.
“Wow, that’s a good point, let me think for a bit. Oh wait my mistake that’s absolute bullshit.” Hey, teleological argument (it’s okay, I’m doing the cosmological argument. It’s got Ways).
6) Because it’s time to bring back the shameless MCR references (having just read the post back I think Aquinas helped jog my memory).
7) This is actually just about school in general, and the only bit that’s relevant to school is 9:30-10:30, but the rest, incidentally, is also hilarious (and quite true).
I’ve mentioned MCR, Tim Minchin and Ezra Miller in one almost-constructive post. Hallelujah.
(Okay now that’s reminded me of this and now I’ve kind of also included something about being queer… my job is done, and anyone who got through this post in less than forty minutes, videos and all, gets to guest-blog.)