So here’s what I can do…
800 words max. Like what I’ve done for The Story Shack. Will probably take two hours to make, more if there’s a lot of research, so it will be around £18 and you should have it within a few days.
2,500 words max. Most of these pieces are around that length. This will take at least a week! Usually there’s a bit more research and editing involved so it will probably cost £36-ish.
Anything up to 5,000 words. Be prepared for a wait haha! Prices get tricky to estimate without knowing about what you’d like so get in touch and we can discuss everything.
- I’ll send you a watermarked draft, a set of notes or a plan and if you’re happy I’ll send you the finished piece upon payment. If you don’t want spoilers, it can be 1/3 payment upon commission and 2/3 upon completion.
- I’ll send you an invoice and you can pay using card using PayPal (you don’t need an account) or PayPal itself.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with as many references and ideas as possible. We can work out price based on how long I think it will take for consultation, research and creation – it will be roughly £9/$15 per hour. I have a lot of work to juggle and no one likes a rushed story so even if the piece is two hours (£18/$30), sometimes it might not be ready for a week if I have lots of work on!
- Depending on the nature of the work, I’ll ask to publish it online; as part of my portfolio, on FictionPress.com or FanFiction.net and/or DeviantART.com. I’ll probably also ask for a testimonial so I can do a humble brag, as they say.
- All work belongs to me with the exception of characters I didn’t invent and you will need to ask permission to publish my work yourself.
- All work will be digital. I’ll email your copy as a PDF.
- Nothing too NSFW.
- Don’t be an arsehole.
Why is it so expensive?
So I can make a living. You know, like everyone else.
I really need to know exactly how long it will take!
It all depends on what else I have going on – I will always let you know an estimate and I’ll keep you updated on the piece’s progress and if something happens to make it take longer (unexpected research needed, I get ill, etc.) I’ll let you know ASAP. If you want a piece for a special occasion, please let me know as far in advance as possible.