So it’s November, and we’ve got men growing creepy moustaches and writers attempting to put together an entire novel together in thirty days and I’m pretty sure the Stoptober
failures victims not-quit-people have bought their weight in tobacco in the last few days. The last of the Hallowe’en sweets are being eaten/discarded and Strictly‘s getting sparklier.
I don’t have a moustache (hopefully), my novels are never, ever going to be done in a month (I’m not that dude from that Bradley Cooper film) and I don’t smoke. I think we threw out the gross popcorn. Eh.
Anyway, the second half term of the year started today – which means lots more essays, woolly gloves and crawling home to read a nice book in bed, nursing my arthritic joints like the old lady I will someday be. Ahh, hot chocolate. Mist. Christmas shopping. MSI show really soon. Here is a video of a porcupine eating a pumpkin to help with the “Brr, it’s getting cold” blues. The porcupine’s name is Ted.
I have the beginnings of an excellent half term blog thing in mind, plus something I wrote on the train earlier, but clearly I can only deal with so much creativity in one day because it won’t be up until… Probably the end of half term.
However, I am getting bugged to blog (is there seriously nothing else on this planet to do?!) so I’m going to be cheap and do a quiz for your entertainment:
- Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, find line 4 and write the sentence here:
history – who was to govern the kingdom during her infancy
- Stretch your left arm out as far as you can. What’s there? Bookshelf.
- What is the last thing you watched on TV? University Challenge. Between a couple of Cambridge colleges. That show makes me feel stupid.
- Without looking, guess what time it is: 6:30.
- Now look at the clock. 8:33. I actually looked about five minutes ago and thought, ‘oh yeah, it’s half eight.’ This is how tired I am.
- With the exception of the computer, what can you hear? Bits of the TV, my snuffly breathing (I have a cold).
- When did you last step outside? What were you doing? Went to London today. Saw an exhibition on the English language. It seems to have robbed me of my ability to use the English language. Spell Check, I love you. Zzzz.
- Before you started this survey, what did you look at? Dunno. Blog stats.
- What are you wearing? Black skinnies, black long-sleeved top with a massive red jumper thing on top, socks, undies, belt, earrings, Maltese Cross. Rings.
- Did you dream last night? Almost definitely. Yes. I forget what about.
- When did you last laugh? I sniggered in the exhibition today. Got disapproving looks from an old lady.
I made her this afternoon after we got let out of school early because it started to snow. Honestly, this country has lost all its backbone since the war… But enough about the weather; meet Agent S., the newest Killjoy to grace my back garden and fight in a zone:
After I had frozen most appendages rolling snow, I made cakes with Danger Days playing, helping me keep beat as I battled with sugar. Apart from discovering the flour ran out in August, nothing too bad happened. Well, my plan for blood-red icing got foiled because the food colouring expired in May. And the sprinkles exploded onto the counter so I couldn’t use many of them. But nothing else.